My Bad Experience with Kay Jewelers

On November 5, 2014 I purchased a Bulova watch from Kay Jewelers in the Montgomery Mall in North Wales, Pa. I paid $337.50 plus sales tax of $20.25 for a total of $357.75. It is a beautiful watch but it has a most unusual type of band. I had a terrible time removing the watch from my hand. I therefore did not wear the watch. The next day I went out of town for over a week. Kay Jewelers warranty states that a watch can be returned within 30 days. Upon my return I attempted to return the watch in unworn condition. The manager took the watch into the back of the store for about 5 minutes. When he returned there was a tiny scratch on the band. This was not there before he took the watch where I could not see him or the watch. He refused to take the watch back. I called Kay Corporate office and spoke with two people. A Joe Gifford and John Handyscape (??). I was told that a District Manager would call me to look at the watch but no one has called me as of this date (December 15, 2014). I have attempted to contact these people numerous times without any success. I cannot wear the watch.

I will not purchase any other items from Kay Jewelers. Because of this terrible experience and losing $357.75 with Kay Jewelers, I am recommending that watches and other jewelry be purchased at another Jewelry store - not Kay Jewelers.

Review about: Kay Jewelers Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Band on watch, Did not live up to warranty, False guarantee.

Had an Experience with Kay Jewelers?

Comments

This is a horrible review, as it states it is for the Bulova watch, however it is a bad review for the company.You had no problems with the watch itself, except for the band.

I have to assume it's a double latch type, which most 'luxury' brands use these days.

Please understand that before making your next review.Use the correct review space against the jeweler, not the watch.

to Anonymous Warrington, Pennsylvania, United States #1029072

Please be advised it is against Kay Jewelers and Bulova watches. It is true that the band has a double release but the release is under the band, rather than the side, and very difficult to release. I have broken fingernails trying to remove the watch from my wrist.

Warminster, Pennsylvania, United States #955962

Issue was not resolved. I am stuck with watch.