Kay Jewelers - Titanium ring failures - 3x within 16 months of wedding
Wife got me the titanium ring with 3 diamonds and warranty. 1 month later the silver inset with the 3 diamonds fell out! Brought back to store @ Rotterdam, NY. As an engineer I feel this is a design flaw so wanted wither money back or an alternate titanium ring since I felt it would happen again. Store gave hard time about it and refused refund. Eventually store ordered replacement ring (did not fix original ring). 1 year later, black coloring on ring was showing marked (unacceptable) signs of wear. We chose the titanium because of it's durability! Store manager (Ana or Anna) brushed us off and declared that warranty did not cover this. After much arguing, it was finally admitted that the warranty really does cover it. They allegedly sent the ring out for replacement (again). 2 months later we went to pick up ring and found that ring was never sent out! Anna then had ring sent out and we picked that up a few weeks later on 4/24/2014. Today - 5/9/2014 the diamond strip fell off again! That's three defective rings in a row all in a 16 month time span. And shoddy customer service all along the way.
We're absolutely disgusted with both the product itself and the company policy that the low level store staff simply keep repeating. They refuse to actually deal with the problem and keep passing us off to the customer service 800 number. The store staff has absolutely no ownership of the problem and aggressively dumps us off to the anonymous 800 number.
Photo shows where silver strip with the 3 diamonds should be mounted in that groove. A little glue seems to be all that holds it in.
I've probably spent $15-25,000 at Kays over the last decade or two. NEVER AGAIN another dollar spent there!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Diamond Wedding Band
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "Feel highly disappointed with the quality of the origami owl products. I hosted a home party where my family and friends bought a significant amount of jewelry. I have two..."
- "My boyfriend ordered 2 about 3 weeks ago. He sued western union for the payment . I later saw all the awful reviews and told him what I..."
- "No mystery here. I ordered 3 sets of this ***! I do mean ***! The bracelets won't even fit over my Wife's hands and all 3 sets are identical. Size..."
- "Customer Satisfaction to Service Provided Ratio: 0% #trustcobank is #dishonest and #unresponsive Trustco was the first bank to violate the USA Patriot Act, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency..."
- "I just went to the Ruby Tuesday on Balltown Road in Niskayuna, NY for the second time in three weeks only to, once again, be told we would have to..."
- "To whom it may concern-im a mother who brought her ten year old son to the smartstyle in Walmartsin GLENVILLE. The young lady(Megan) who did my sons haircut-has no manners&she..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "I bought steel toe womens new balance sneakers on June 16, 2016 little less then six months old. Wear them 3-4 days a week. Most of my day is sitting..."