Schenectady, New York

Wife got me the titanium ring with 3 diamonds and warranty. 1 month later the silver inset with the 3 diamonds fell out! Brought back to store @ Rotterdam, NY. As an engineer I feel this is a design flaw so wanted wither money back or an alternate titanium ring since I felt it would happen again. Store gave hard time about it and refused refund. Eventually store ordered replacement ring (did not fix original ring). 1 year later, black coloring on ring was showing marked (unacceptable) signs of wear. We chose the titanium because of it's durability! Store manager (Ana or Anna) brushed us off and declared that warranty did not cover this. After much arguing, it was finally admitted that the warranty really does cover it. They allegedly sent the ring out for replacement (again). 2 months later we went to pick up ring and found that ring was never sent out! Anna then had ring sent out and we picked that up a few weeks later on 4/24/2014. Today - 5/9/2014 the diamond strip fell off again! That's three defective rings in a row all in a 16 month time span. And shoddy customer service all along the way.

We're absolutely disgusted with both the product itself and the company policy that the low level store staff simply keep repeating. They refuse to actually deal with the problem and keep passing us off to the customer service 800 number. The store staff has absolutely no ownership of the problem and aggressively dumps us off to the anonymous 800 number.

Photo shows where silver strip with the 3 diamonds should be mounted in that groove. A little glue seems to be all that holds it in.

I've probably spent $15-25,000 at Kays over the last decade or two. NEVER AGAIN another dollar spent there!

Review about: Kay Jewelers Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Kay Jewelers?

Comments

Austin, Texas, United States #815992

First, your ring is not titanium.It's tungsten carbide.

Totally different metal. Second, did you stop to think that maybe you were out of your return date and they could only do an exchange? Third, that type of metal can't be "fixed" it actually has to be made. Also, alternative metal rings do not have a warranty.

At all. Period. Lastly, you're an engineer. You got lucky that the scratches didn't show up sooner.

The rings are durable.Not indestructible.