Kay Jewelers - Titanium ring failures - 3x within 16 months of wedding
Wife got me the titanium ring with 3 diamonds and warranty. 1 month later the silver inset with the 3 diamonds fell out! Brought back to store @ Rotterdam, NY. As an engineer I feel this is a design flaw so wanted wither money back or an alternate titanium ring since I felt it would happen again. Store gave hard time about it and refused refund. Eventually store ordered replacement ring (did not fix original ring). 1 year later, black coloring on ring was showing marked (unacceptable) signs of wear. We chose the titanium because of it's durability! Store manager (Ana or Anna) brushed us off and declared that warranty did not cover this. After much arguing, it was finally admitted that the warranty really does cover it. They allegedly sent the ring out for replacement (again). 2 months later we went to pick up ring and found that ring was never sent out! Anna then had ring sent out and we picked that up a few weeks later on 4/24/2014. Today - 5/9/2014 the diamond strip fell off again! That's three defective rings in a row all in a 16 month time span. And shoddy customer service all along the way.
We're absolutely disgusted with both the product itself and the company policy that the low level store staff simply keep repeating. They refuse to actually deal with the problem and keep passing us off to the customer service 800 number. The store staff has absolutely no ownership of the problem and aggressively dumps us off to the anonymous 800 number.
Photo shows where silver strip with the 3 diamonds should be mounted in that groove. A little glue seems to be all that holds it in.
I've probably spent $15-25,000 at Kays over the last decade or two. NEVER AGAIN another dollar spent there!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Diamond Wedding Band
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "No mystery here. I ordered 3 sets of this ***! I do mean ***! The bracelets won't even fit over my Wife's hands and all 3 sets are identical. Size..."
- "I sold an authentic Chanel bag on tradesy. It was authenticated by my poupette. I am a reputable seller on ebay. The buyer returned it accusing it being fake. Tradesy..."
- "Dec 2013, fell in love with ring advertised by Kay Jewelers on tv. Purchased the ring. Long story short.....Kay jewelers replaced diamond that fell out. Since I live over..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "To whom it may concern-im a mother who brought her ten year old son to the smartstyle in Walmartsin GLENVILLE. The young lady(Megan) who did my sons haircut-has no manners&she..."
- "Purchased this Flagstaff Microlite 18FBRS trailer new in the spring of 2013 and right from the start I discovered quality control issues. First, roof openings, front seal and..."
- "Flowers delivered to a wake were half dead, looked just thrown together and did not look anything like the photo online. I paid $111.11 for this mess! No response from..."