My husband purchased an engagement ring from KAYS 6 yrs ago. We actually bought a 6,ooo.oo mounting and a 2,ooo.oo Leo diamond to put in it as the centerpiece stone. I sent it to them to have it sized up 1 size.
1st pickup- Nothing was done to it... gone 2 weeks ,not sized at all.
2nd pickup- Ring was sized DOWN... gone for 2 weeks... I called BEFORE I went to pick up, expl'd to rep what had happened previously and asked that she check the size while I'm on the phone. She puts me on hold, comes back and says, "Yes, it's great!" I drive there..it's smaller than before!
3rd pickup-First promise date comes and goes. No call from them. I wait 2 more days and call. I'm put on hold for 11 min.'s..I hang up and call back. No answer after 8 calls!! I call the next day. They say it will be another 3 days. They call and tell me the ring has been sized and rhodium plated and is ready for pickup.
When I get there, the rep hands me the ring and I immediately notice that it's EXTREMELY light weight! I tell the girl, she says that gold was added and not taken away...LIES. Then I tell her that I need to check my diamond inscription number. So she reads it off, I tell her to allow me to look. When I take the ring back, I turn it over and look at the gallery under the diamonds...THE ENTIRE GALLERY IS MELTED!! To oblivion! And the LEO diamond prong setting has been crushed and pinched at the bottom with what looks like a pair of needle nose pliers! The "sizing" is big and the band is no longer round, but some weird hexagon shape that is a different gold thickness on every side and angle. You don't even NEED to measure the imperfections, they are visible to the naked eye!
My ring is absolutely DESTROYED! I am devastated. And the rep is standing there acting like this piece of trash is acceptable. Still saying it looks "ok".
A woman comes over because I look as if I might cry at any moment, and identifies herself as the store manager. Says that she will replace the mounting ring with a new one and add my Leo diamond to it. She will send to the the company that does their inscriptions, instead of the jeweler who's handled it thus far, and it will take another 2 weeks.
I will be emailing the regional manager and who ever else that will listen. I will come back to the site to report the end resolution.
I have ZERO faith that they will handle this any differently than how they have done so up till now.
This ring has a huge sentimental value. That's now destroyed. No matter what they do, they can never replace THAT ring. I am heartbroken.
What will they do to repair that?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Engagement Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "Dec 2013, fell in love with ring advertised by Kay Jewelers on tv. Purchased the ring. Long story short.....Kay jewelers replaced diamond that fell out. Since I live over..."
- "Please see my first email Hello I called the Bristol store yesterday regarding a problem with my bangle I had my bangle from my mum New years Day she purchased this is Australia..."
- "Proof Origami Owl's copyrights are fraudulent. If they truly had original artwork no one ever made it would be a miracle The baseball softball can be found all over the..."
- "I have gone back and forth for years between Cox & AT&T for my internet service. You never stopped my Email accounts until now. I will NOT be returning as..."
- "On April 17, 2013 I purchased the Striiv Play on Striiv.com. I already use the Striiv app on my iPod and I absolutely love it! I wanted the Play to..."
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "Around Sept 30, 2015, I started Roca Labs. The picture on the right was April 22, 2015, the one on the left was March 16, 2016. The regimen was the..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."