Kay Jewelers - Review about Engagement Ring from Memphis, Tennessee
My husband purchased an engagement ring from KAYS 6 yrs ago. We actually bought a 6,ooo.oo mounting and a 2,ooo.oo Leo diamond to put in it as the centerpiece stone. I sent it to them to have it sized up 1 size.
1st pickup- Nothing was done to it... gone 2 weeks ,not sized at all.
2nd pickup- Ring was sized DOWN... gone for 2 weeks... I called BEFORE I went to pick up, expl'd to rep what had happened previously and asked that she check the size while I'm on the phone. She puts me on hold, comes back and says, "Yes, it's great!" I drive there..it's smaller than before!
3rd pickup-First promise date comes and goes. No call from them. I wait 2 more days and call. I'm put on hold for 11 min.'s..I hang up and call back. No answer after 8 calls!! I call the next day. They say it will be another 3 days. They call and tell me the ring has been sized and rhodium plated and is ready for pickup.
When I get there, the rep hands me the ring and I immediately notice that it's EXTREMELY light weight! I tell the girl, she says that gold was added and not taken away...LIES. Then I tell her that I need to check my diamond inscription number. So she reads it off, I tell her to allow me to look. When I take the ring back, I turn it over and look at the gallery under the diamonds...THE ENTIRE GALLERY IS MELTED!! To oblivion! And the LEO diamond prong setting has been crushed and pinched at the bottom with what looks like a pair of needle nose pliers! The "sizing" is big and the band is no longer round, but some weird hexagon shape that is a different gold thickness on every side and angle. You don't even NEED to measure the imperfections, they are visible to the naked eye!
My ring is absolutely DESTROYED! I am devastated. And the rep is standing there acting like this piece of trash is acceptable. Still saying it looks "ok".
A woman comes over because I look as if I might cry at any moment, and identifies herself as the store manager. Says that she will replace the mounting ring with a new one and add my Leo diamond to it. She will send to the the company that does their inscriptions, instead of the jeweler who's handled it thus far, and it will take another 2 weeks.
I will be emailing the regional manager and who ever else that will listen. I will come back to the site to report the end resolution.
I have ZERO faith that they will handle this any differently than how they have done so up till now.
This ring has a huge sentimental value. That's now destroyed. No matter what they do, they can never replace THAT ring. I am heartbroken.
What will they do to repair that?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Engagement Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "My brother and I wanted to get my mom a new mothers ring for Christmas because her old one was very cheap gold plated metal from an online company I've..."
- "As one of O2's longer corporate employees I can assure everyone reading this that the company is in fact lying to you all. From Bella's b.s. backstory to the empty..."
- "Oh I Tried it alright. Artisan CorporationThe Artisan Experience, Make these highly complex earrings for extra income.Firstly ,I will be astonished if i ever found someone who truly was able..."
- "I bought a new Ariens Lawn tractor 46cut 22horse power on 7/17/13 from Home Depot in Jackson Tn. Took over two weeks to get it in and ones I finally..."
- "Thought I was purchasing two beautiful toy shar-pei puppies, but what a surprise I got. One is a mix breed, and the other has to be put down. ..."
- "this ring was light weight, these were not diamonds and this was not amethyst -had this ring 5 days silver turned brownish color-nothing about this ring was authentic-a piece..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."