Kay Jewelers - Review about Engagement Ring from Memphis, Tennessee
My husband purchased an engagement ring from KAYS 6 yrs ago. We actually bought a 6,ooo.oo mounting and a 2,ooo.oo Leo diamond to put in it as the centerpiece stone. I sent it to them to have it sized up 1 size.
1st pickup- Nothing was done to it... gone 2 weeks ,not sized at all.
2nd pickup- Ring was sized DOWN... gone for 2 weeks... I called BEFORE I went to pick up, expl'd to rep what had happened previously and asked that she check the size while I'm on the phone. She puts me on hold, comes back and says, "Yes, it's great!" I drive there..it's smaller than before!
3rd pickup-First promise date comes and goes. No call from them. I wait 2 more days and call. I'm put on hold for 11 min.'s..I hang up and call back. No answer after 8 calls!! I call the next day. They say it will be another 3 days. They call and tell me the ring has been sized and rhodium plated and is ready for pickup.
When I get there, the rep hands me the ring and I immediately notice that it's EXTREMELY light weight! I tell the girl, she says that gold was added and not taken away...LIES. Then I tell her that I need to check my diamond inscription number. So she reads it off, I tell her to allow me to look. When I take the ring back, I turn it over and look at the gallery under the diamonds...THE ENTIRE GALLERY IS MELTED!! To oblivion! And the LEO diamond prong setting has been crushed and pinched at the bottom with what looks like a pair of needle nose pliers! The "sizing" is big and the band is no longer round, but some weird hexagon shape that is a different gold thickness on every side and angle. You don't even NEED to measure the imperfections, they are visible to the naked eye!
My ring is absolutely DESTROYED! I am devastated. And the rep is standing there acting like this piece of trash is acceptable. Still saying it looks "ok".
A woman comes over because I look as if I might cry at any moment, and identifies herself as the store manager. Says that she will replace the mounting ring with a new one and add my Leo diamond to it. She will send to the the company that does their inscriptions, instead of the jeweler who's handled it thus far, and it will take another 2 weeks.
I will be emailing the regional manager and who ever else that will listen. I will come back to the site to report the end resolution.
I have ZERO faith that they will handle this any differently than how they have done so up till now.
This ring has a huge sentimental value. That's now destroyed. No matter what they do, they can never replace THAT ring. I am heartbroken.
What will they do to repair that?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Engagement Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 8/2/14 I took my not even 3 year old ring in to be inspected and rhodium applied. I was informed a side stone was loose and would need tightened..."
- "We bought our wedding bands and engagement ring the beginning on 2012. My husband had his mother of pearl band break twice within months, just last week my ring broke...."
- "Proof Origami Owl's copyrights are fraudulent. If they truly had original artwork no one ever made it would be a miracle The baseball softball can be found all over the..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "Prices are way to high, I feel like they only care about enrolling you that's it. $33,000.00 for 18 months. After financial aid is took out and scholarships, it left..."
- "I, Ron Pratt worked with the above customer while trying to come to an agreement on a vehicle. I tried several nice says to tell him that because of his..."
- "We tried this management company (Reed Real Estate) this year and we were very disappointed. The beach house that we $$$$$ paid for was not accurately portrayed on the..."