Kay Jewelers - Poor quality merchandise/poor customer service

86 of 547 Kay Jewelers reviews

My husband bought me a beautiful sapphire necklace and matching earrings for our 5th anniversary at Kay Jewelers.

In the 3.weeks since receiving this gift from my wonderful husband the chain has broken twice.When I went in to the Kay Jewelers near me (Jefferson Valley Mall in Westchester) the staff tried to coerce me into purchasing a more expensive chain.

In fact, the second time I went into the store, I was told I would have purchase a new chain no matter what kind it was.

After about 20 minutes, they finally exchanged the entire necklace.I strongly suggested they stock this necklace since I am sure I will be back often.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
86 of 547 Kay Jewelers reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 25, 2015 #1024394

just advise your husband not to buy the things which are on sale but to save a bit more extra money to get a nice gift that will not give you a headache. I'm sure he bought it with love in his heart but apparently didn't think of practical side of it.

0 0 Reply

Aug 16, 2015 #1020172

You should be old enough to know that the chains that come with most jewelry are not going to last long, they are thin and cheap, and if you want to lose your sapphire then continue to use the cheap one that came with the necklace. Be smart and buy a better quality necklace. Quit beating up the staff because your cheap.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Kay Jewelers. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Kay Jewelers.
Filing a new complaint about
×