I found a necklace on your site under Clearance section (stock no.171769401) for $1,583.52 on December 11, 2010.
I printed out the page and called the local store (Neshaminy Mall in Bensalem, PA) to see if they have it in stock or not. I spoke with Megan who is a sales rep there and she told me that she doesn't have it in stock but she will check and have it deliver to the store and will contact me when the item arrives. Megan explained to me that the reason why the item is on sale because it was "last year's model". Megan called me on Friday evening (December 17 2010) and I told her that I will come in Saturday around noon.
When I arrived at the store, Megan asked another sales rep to assists me because she was busy with other customers. I was about to make the purchase with the new sales rep but then she told me it was $2,700.00. I handed her the printout then she said that they cannot honor the price I have on the printout. I spoke with the store manager on duty and she also said they cannot honor it and the price for it is $2,700.
So, I requested to speak with someone who has higher authority than the store manager. They had the district manager to talk to me and said the price for the necklace is $3,299 instead. The price of the necklace went up $600.00 in the amount of time I was standing in the store!! About 2 hour later, I called the headquarter office in Akron, OH and I was put on hold for almost an hour to be told once again that they cannot honor the price I have on the printout.
No one ever bothered to give me any type of explanation other than "Megan didn't discuss the price with me on my first call". This is completely false as we clearly spoke on the phone regarding the price of the item and the fact that it was on clearance. This was supposed to be a surprise Christmas and anniversary gift for my wife, but now that idea is shot and I'm left with nothing a couple days before Christmas. I felt like Kay Jewelers is taking advantage of me because I am a senior citizen.
Especially when the manager herself said it cost $2,700.00 and moments later, the district manager said it cost $3,200.00. Do they think that because I am an older gentleman, I can't remember what people tell me? I am well aware of my discussions with Megan and tell me, why would I have her bring in an item from another store and have no idea what the cost of it was. That's just ridiculous.
I have been shopping for jewelry for decades.
I have never come across such terrible customer services and false advertisement.Kay is a big franchise and I want you to know this is the kind of fraud that's going on, the level of services that's being offered, false advertisement, and how senior citizens are being treated.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Journey Diamond Necklace
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "My ring was sent for sizing and sent back with the shank paper thin. They ordered me a replacement that was supposed to take a month but 6 weeks later..."
- "Just got a necklace with warranty in January. Last month the necklace broke. The cost of the warranty was a little over $100. I picked..."
- "Ordered the "The Magic Of Mickey Mouse" Diamonesk Embrace Ring at the beginning of December for my daughter for Christmas . When it got close to Christmas, wondering where my..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "First let me say my credit score is over 800. I purchased my first house 2 months ago and began paying my bills through an online bill payer for convenience..."
- "9 months ago my wife and I received a call telling us we won a cruise. Similar to everyone else here we attended one of their sales shows and were..."
- "These images are of my recent picks on the freelotto website showing that my numbers correctly match the winning numbers and yet it clearly states that I have only matched..."