I found a necklace on your site under Clearance section (stock no.171769401) for $1,583.52 on December 11, 2010.
I printed out the page and called the local store (Neshaminy Mall in Bensalem, PA) to see if they have it in stock or not. I spoke with Megan who is a sales rep there and she told me that she doesn't have it in stock but she will check and have it deliver to the store and will contact me when the item arrives. Megan explained to me that the reason why the item is on sale because it was "last year's model". Megan called me on Friday evening (December 17 2010) and I told her that I will come in Saturday around noon.
When I arrived at the store, Megan asked another sales rep to assists me because she was busy with other customers. I was about to make the purchase with the new sales rep but then she told me it was $2,700.00. I handed her the printout then she said that they cannot honor the price I have on the printout. I spoke with the store manager on duty and she also said they cannot honor it and the price for it is $2,700.
So, I requested to speak with someone who has higher authority than the store manager. They had the district manager to talk to me and said the price for the necklace is $3,299 instead. The price of the necklace went up $600.00 in the amount of time I was standing in the store!! About 2 hour later, I called the headquarter office in Akron, OH and I was put on hold for almost an hour to be told once again that they cannot honor the price I have on the printout.
No one ever bothered to give me any type of explanation other than "Megan didn't discuss the price with me on my first call". This is completely false as we clearly spoke on the phone regarding the price of the item and the fact that it was on clearance. This was supposed to be a surprise Christmas and anniversary gift for my wife, but now that idea is shot and I'm left with nothing a couple days before Christmas. I felt like Kay Jewelers is taking advantage of me because I am a senior citizen.
Especially when the manager herself said it cost $2,700.00 and moments later, the district manager said it cost $3,200.00. Do they think that because I am an older gentleman, I can't remember what people tell me? I am well aware of my discussions with Megan and tell me, why would I have her bring in an item from another store and have no idea what the cost of it was. That's just ridiculous.
I have been shopping for jewelry for decades.
I have never come across such terrible customer services and false advertisement.Kay is a big franchise and I want you to know this is the kind of fraud that's going on, the level of services that's being offered, false advertisement, and how senior citizens are being treated.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Journey Diamond Necklace
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- " My bracelet was a gift for mothers day. Three days of wearing it the chain broke. I fixed it my self so I can still wear it One month after..."
- "I must sayI was very excited about my handbag my husband had purchased for me Christmas 2009, it was the Tivoli GM and it was gorgeous and roomy. June 2012..."
- "We bought our wedding bands and engagement ring the beginning on 2012. My husband had his mother of pearl band break twice within months, just last week my ring broke...."
- "These images are of my recent picks on the freelotto website showing that my numbers correctly match the winning numbers and yet it clearly states that I have only matched..."
- "I have been a member with this company for over 2 years now and their practices have gotten worst every month. I have been charged for returned products and never..."
- "I buy store brand Giant 14.5 veggies, sliced beets, french cut beans and yellow beans. 9 out of 10 cans will not open completely with a can opener. ..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."