I found a necklace on your site under Clearance section (stock no.171769401) for $1,583.52 on December 11, 2010.

I printed out the page and called the local store (Neshaminy Mall in Bensalem, PA) to see if they have it in stock or not. I spoke with Megan who is a sales rep there and she told me that she doesn't have it in stock but she will check and have it deliver to the store and will contact me when the item arrives. Megan explained to me that the reason why the item is on sale because it was "last year's model". Megan called me on Friday evening (December 17 2010) and I told her that I will come in Saturday around noon.

When I arrived at the store, Megan asked another sales rep to assists me because she was busy with other customers. I was about to make the purchase with the new sales rep but then she told me it was $2,700.00. I handed her the printout then she said that they cannot honor the price I have on the printout. I spoke with the store manager on duty and she also said they cannot honor it and the price for it is $2,700.

So, I requested to speak with someone who has higher authority than the store manager. They had the district manager to talk to me and said the price for the necklace is $3,299 instead. The price of the necklace went up $600.00 in the amount of time I was standing in the store!! About 2 hour later, I called the headquarter office in Akron, OH and I was put on hold for almost an hour to be told once again that they cannot honor the price I have on the printout.

No one ever bothered to give me any type of explanation other than "Megan didn't discuss the price with me on my first call". This is completely false as we clearly spoke on the phone regarding the price of the item and the fact that it was on clearance. This was supposed to be a surprise Christmas and anniversary gift for my wife, but now that idea is shot and I'm left with nothing a couple days before Christmas. I felt like Kay Jewelers is taking advantage of me because I am a senior citizen.

Especially when the manager herself said it cost $2,700.00 and moments later, the district manager said it cost $3,200.00. Do they think that because I am an older gentleman, I can't remember what people tell me? I am well aware of my discussions with Megan and tell me, why would I have her bring in an item from another store and have no idea what the cost of it was. That's just ridiculous.

I have been shopping for jewelry for decades.

I have never come across such terrible customer services and false advertisement.Kay is a big franchise and I want you to know this is the kind of fraud that's going on, the level of services that's being offered, false advertisement, and how senior citizens are being treated.

Had an Experience with Kay Jewelers?

Comments

Hi

My name is Farida and I am new on this dating site. I just joined about an hour ago and found your profile quite interesting so I decided to say hi. I wish we can continue our chat privately, if yes do you have access to chat with me on Yahoo Instant messenger? I am . Farida2g2@yahoo.com add me. I have some photos to share as well. am online now

Cheers