9.5K views

Kay Jewelers will call 5 or 6 times at the least to stalk you into paying with a post dated check by phone on an overdue charge account. They even called my Husband at work, of which the guard told them never to call there again.

I'll never do business with Kay Jewelers again! I encourage all to do the same. I will be reporting them to the FTC! Count on it!

They'll use any ruthless ways they can find, plus break all rules concerning collections. They'll use people finder to find your other family members, co-workers, and neighbors and bother them into leaving messages for you. If anyone reading this has had a similar experience, I urge you to report them to the FTC, Federal Trade Commission. They also operate under the name of Sterling Jewelers, which is Kay's parent Co.

They will bother the *** out of you too! These people must be stopped! Report these ruthless people who most likely could not get a job anywhere else because of their ways of doing business and their sleazy ways!

The head man is Myron Olijon who is the biggest crook in the USA! Breaks all laws and rules concerning collections.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kay Jewelers Account.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 11, 2010.

Comments

right *** them kay jewels a scam I'm not paying them back for ***

Right, owe people money and blame it on them.

You have your head on backwards.

But Kay Jewelers is sneaky, you're right about that.

I answered the phones at our machine shop when someone called looking for a former employee, insisting it as not a personal call.

I finally pried loose the fact that it as Kay Jewelers who wasted my time trying to quiz me about a former employee under false pretense.

Kay jewelers are the epitome of dirt bags... they called non stop all hours of the day and night....

I was hurt as a correctional officer and in waiting for disability hearing I can't work or hardly get out of bed and now they are talking me to court over a wedding ring that was so cheap it broke 2 times and couldn't even get fixed... mind u this is over less then 1300$ which I was paying for every Bill until I was hurt

Just state the obvious and turn the air off quick before your face deflates. And Spare us all will you?

Ya gotta do what you gotta do you know.

Just wait till the next exit dear i know your about to pee your pants.

In fact I want you to go to.your room and think about what you ve done. Just wait till your father gets home.

ransom

The reason they aren't paying any attention to your excuses is that they have heard them all before. You're correct that they are just interested in the money, isn't that why they are in business?

Please don't buy frivolous items like jewelry, game consoles, big Televisions, laptop computers, tablets etc.

if you aren't certain you have a way to pay for them. If you can't make the payments, it's not the companies fault, it's YOURS and you need to take responsibility for it and not try to shift the blame.

Yea ive had a similar situation...the way he spoke i thought it was a ***...and when he spoke to my mom he asked how she let her daughter go without paying her bills. My mom then became rude back....same with my bf.

He spoke as if he himself was gone see to it that im either in court and when i was trying to work out payment arrangements he hung up on me.

Which made me think it was a *** and i was too difficult....til reading this. Thats crazy.

It's ridiculous. I'd love to pay, unfortunately we are trying to keep the lights on and our house so these guys are at the bottom of our list to pay. They call 8 times a day and now they've already talked to me but then called again 10 minutes later that's an FDCPA violation and harassment!

Pay your bill then maybe they will stop calling you.

Collections or not yes you have to pay your bills. things do happen where sometimes you are late, it happens to everyone.

No you cannot legally show up at someones place of business unless you work for courts and are licensed to serve supenas. no cannot you "reposes jewelry" that is a quick way to have a class action lawsuit filed against you and the company your collecting for harassment. Kay jewlers is a

crappy company and their of diamond is

below standard hardly worth the money. i always pay my bills on time but it has happened where I have to pay my kays bill a few days later because i work on the ocean and sometimes dont see land for a few days or weeks and I like to pay my bills in person and have a receipt of

payment.

They called me a dozen times a day as early as 530am leaving numerous voicemails. Honestly the company sucks so bad that rolex and other luxary watch brands stoped doing business with them, just pay the bill off and get rid of the

account you can get better quality for less

money else where.

I'm a collection manager for a jewelry company, and I assure you it's 100% legal to collect a debt that way, and a lot further actually. Not only can I collect from someone at a work phone number, if they don't pay for long enough I can legally show up at your work to repossess the jewelry, or serve you with a lawsuit (if you're not at work that day, your boss can be served).

All this legal, and what it boils down to is IF YOU CAN'T PAY YOUR BILL, YOU CAN'T KEEP THE MERCHANDISE.

Simple, right? Stop acting so entitled before someone puts you in front of a judge.

to Anonymous Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States #998171

I tried to voluntarily surrender a ring and they refuse to take it back. I've already paid a about $500 on a $1000 ring set

to Mrvtx Pooler, Georgia, United States #1215617

Same here

They turned around and tried to offer me $800 for a $2400 ring. That's not a volunteer surrender. That's highway robbery.

to Anonymous #1073589

I'm so ASSURE people of a lot of things. You also keep reassuring yourself of all the power at your disposal when your going after that 500 spec in the sand.

How fitting an analogy for you. Blip goes the radar Asst Manager Bob Mason, Sharon Schmitt or whatever you call yourself.

When you get a few more wrinkles and are replaced by a 20 year old that can do your job for minimum wage steals the only excuse for you leaving your house comes along, I'm sure you'll do great on your first day in the unemployment line. Your a joke, go make some food for yur husband or rub your wife's feet and stop playing debate class with those if us that actually have a pulse;)

to Anonymous #1107770

No you cannot show up at their work legally. So if you've done that shame on you.

to Anonymous Pennsville, New Jersey, United States #1110694

When a company sells you an overpriced item, and takes your jewelry as a trade in to offset its value, only to have it appraised by an aig certified appraiser, and the appraisal is only worth a little less than a 1/3rd of the jewelries worth. Then you have one option, get an attorney and stop payment quickly.

If a collection agency calls you, tell them that they will be contacted by your attorney and not to call again. Period.

to Anonymous #1214157

Actually legally( I know this is an old post) but no no you can't LEGALLY call a third party about debts.

(b) Communication with third parties

Except as provided in section 1692b of this title, without the prior consent of the consumer given DIRECTLY to the debt collector, or the express permission of a court of competent jurisdiction, or as reasonably necessary to effectuate a post-judgment judicial remedy, a debt collector may not communicate, in connection with the collection of any debt, with any person other than the consumer, his attorney, a consumer reporting agency if otherwise permitted by law, the creditor, the attorney of the creditor, or the attorney of the debt collector.

So um...

you should brush up on your collections law because everything you just stated is in fact, illegal at least in the US. here's a link for you.(also only 6 out of 50, 1 with special requirements first, so if were getting real technical 7 allow you to serve someone at their place of business otherwise your suit can be thrown OUT for not following the Service rules) : https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-text#805.

to Anonymous #1368893

Incorrect. Jewelry companies grant unsecured credit.

to Anonymous #1405069

You can't repo jewelery. It's consider an unsecured debt. So clearly your lying about your job or you aren't very good at it.

to Anonymous #1406931

Smart ***

to Anonymous #1477226

You are absolutely wrong what your stating it's not only illegal but it's considered bullying , majority people don't get up in the morning and expect to have some sort of situation or hard ship but things do happen to good honest hard working people something's are out of our control to the point where someone may lose there job someone may get into an auto accident and be left totally disable and can't pay for something they purchased that's why companies write things off at the end of the year when and if you own and company pls keep in mind something may happen to someone and you may not get your money its a loss but do people or should people no matter the reason or situation have the right to harass or bully someone absolutely not and for the record sometimes people do offer to return the merchandise back but the company won't take it so then who's fault is that ?