Featured Not resolved
1.3
Style and Design

Had my engagement ring and wedding band reset in platinum.5 months later my prongs bend while giving my 2 yo a bath.

The center diamond - gone! I call, explain and manager says it's covered under diamond warranty. Bring it in, gets sent out for repair and the shop says not covered bc it's been tampered with! The same man who custom made my jewelry deemed the damage non-jeweler error.

They won't even let me speak with the manager! I never cussed them out, raised my voice. Cried and asked a lot of questions. Told my only choice was to pay for the repairs and purchase new diamond.

Their work is supposed to be covered for 12 months - unless they deem it customer tampering which of course they will bc they don't want to replace their shoddy work. In the process of verifying all my jewelry purchased over 16 year period. Will never shop there again! Less about the diamond, more about the *** customer service.

When I filed a customer service complaint, they told me I was just upset that I wasn't getting a free diamond.

Totally disappointed with the company.So crappy

Review about: Kay Jewelers Customer Care.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Had an Experience with Kay Jewelers?

Comments

Kay jewelers warranties their diamonds and work from the shop for 6 months at a time, with 6 month extensions if you get it inspected.

If you hadnt had it inspected within 6 months and a diamond falls out, thats on you. It is clearly written in their terms and warranty paperwork they give you.