3.4

I went into Kay's in Braintree, Massachusetts with my husband recently to look for a new bridal set for my anniversary.After identifying the most beautiful bridal set.

I walked over to the register, and to my surprise, when the manager, Jennifer pulled up my account on her register there was an alert that said "AFRICAN AMERICAN" next to my name. I questioned why that information was included in my profile. She indicated that "a lot of people who steal try to return jewelry so we need this information to identify them". She appeared to be completely shocked that I would ask her such a question and had to think of an explanation quickly to avoid further embarrassment.

In addition, she did not explain anything to me about the extended service plan that she billed to my account against my authorization for each of the three items that I purchased. I had to find out on my own after reviewing the receipt upon my arrival to home.

I couldn't stop thinking about the alert that was on my Kay's profile and decided to contact another Kay's location who indicated that this was not a common practice of Kay's nor was it a policy or procedure and they extended there apologies and indicated how embarrassed they were on behalf of the store and its reputation.I will do conducting my business with that store from now on as I have been a loyal customer for 27 years.

Reason of review: Disturbing content on my account profile alerting staff of my race and being told that it was to identify people because "they steal". I contacted another Kay's location who denied that this was true..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Theresa was very attententive as always.

Had an Experience with Kay Jewelers?

Comments