My husband and I have spent over $6,000 on engagement and wedding bands at Kay.My engagement ring had a diamond fall out within 2 months of purchase, so we had to send it back to be repaired.

Needless to say, my engagement band has made 7 trips to their "repair shop" with a year and a half. It has been rodium plated multiple times because it is constantly tarnished. It had to be sent back a second time after it was re-sized because they messed it up. It was sent back 2 times within 2 months due to a loose bracket on the center diamond.

Talk about spending $3,500 on a piece of JUNK!!!! Then, my wedding band is only 3 months old and already had to be sent out twice. It was sent out for re-sizing, but came back with scrapes all over it and thinned out around the back of the band. They had to send it out again to be fixed.

What is the point of buying wedding and engagement bands there if you never get to wear them because they are always in the shop?! The worst part is that the employees don't even care that you are upset. They simply tell you that they will send it back out again and not to worry because it is covered under the warranty. I will NEVER purchase anything else from Kay Jewelers.

I learned my lesson the hard way, but hope that I can prevent someone else from making the same mistake.

Had an Experience with Kay Jewelers?

Comments

Agreed. Boycott Kay's and all stores owned by Sterling Jewelers.